[nsp] 7200, 12.0(21)S4 and "show int" counters?

Gert Doering gert@greenie.muc.de
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:14:46 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 06:59:21PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> > The bad news: the "show int" output counters are finally and completely
> > broken - they don't hang eventually (as in earlier releases), but they
> > don't count *at all* anymore.  Or to be precise, they count "something"
> > but that has no relation to reality.
> >
> > Look at this:
> At least it's showing SOMETHING.  on 12.0(22)S it shows 0's on ALL VIP
> based interfaces, at least on a 7513 of mine.

As the "SOMETHING" is just "28 packets out of many 1000", this isn't
really something to qualify for "at least"... - 0 is more honest.

But thanks for your replies - it means it's not only me :-)

For the records, because Jared asked me about it: we're doing CEF
switching, and classical IP accounting with netflow feature-acceleration.
No other special features (subifs, MPLS, ...), and it affects all sorts
of interfaces (POS-OC3, T3, FastE).

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de