[nsp] strange behavior (juniper to switch to switch to customer)

Daniel Roesen dr@cluenet.de
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 03:24:50 +0100

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 02:51:19AM +0100, Jan Czmok wrote:
> if i run the switch with either no vlan's configured (e.g. also no
> trunk) all works fine.
>
> if i run native vlan over a trunk it works as well...
>
> if i try to run a vlan over it: no go.

I tend to agree with Scott. That sounds like the media converters have
problems with the VLAN tag (adds 4 octets). Some have switches to raise
the layer 2 MTU, some are useless.

> p.s..: i checked the converters, i use the same kind on a trunk to
> another pop and there it works like a charm

See above. Perhaps the switch to change L2 MTU is hidden inside the
converter?

Regards,
Daniel