[nsp] 12.0(22)S2 / 12.0(23)S1

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 18:08:59 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Jared Mauch wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 05:01:10PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 10:56:51AM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
> > > 	I've run 12.0(23)S on GSR, RSP and 7200 routers without any
> > > significant problems - read: crash/service affecting bugs.
> >
> > Have you tested the interface counters?
> >
> > I'm pleasently surprised that 12.0(21)S5 seems to have finally fixed
> > them for good (even though the results of using "show interface" and
> > SNMP counters still differ by a few per cent, which I can't imagine
> > how to achieve this)...
>
> 	I have not noticed any snmp or counter anomolies on
> the routers running 23S

On GSR, we were hit by a particularly nasty issue in 23S:

--8<--
    * CSCdz27562

    Symptoms   Executing an snmpwalk command on loopback interfaces does
not yield any results.

    Conditions   This symptom is observed on a Cisco 12000 series router.

    Workaround   Execute the snmpwalk command on the physical interfaces
instead.
--8<--

Now fixed in 23S1 (haven't tried yet)