[nsp] Dial Pool and Dialer Interface

Tay Chee Yong tcy at pacific.net.sg
Fri Dec 27 01:44:51 EST 2002

Hi Josh,

I got the information from CCO.

PPPoE Client Support on ATM PVCs and Ethernet Interfaces
The PPPoE Client feature provides PPPoE client support on ATM permanent virtual
circuits (PVCs) and Ethernet interfaces. A dialer interface must be used for
cloning virtual access.

One ATM PVC will support one PPPoE client. Multiple PPPoE clients can run
concurrently on different PVCs, but each PPPoE client must use a separate dialer
interface and a separate dialer pool.

Multiple PPPoE client sessions can be configured on an Ethernet interface, but
each session must use a separate dialer interface and a separate dialer pool.

I don't have the router with me now, I will try to get hold of one, and let you
see the config.

Thanks.

Regards,
Cheeyong