[nsp] BGP requirements

Z z@wotb.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:01:02 -0800

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 04:41:20PM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
> 	In that case, why do they need full routes?
>
> 	just take default from each provider or some set of
> their providers routes.

  Is there a standard practice/config for this setup?  I've
configured enough for accepting full routing tables, but not sure on
how to accept just a minimal amount of routes and what those routes
should be to get away with having sane failover on less than 256MB
of memory routing hardware.   I would just be running BGP with that
one provider, as I'm not running BGP with our colocation provider
and hadn't any plans to do so.

  Does this all sound like nonsense, or is this fairly standard?

.z