[nsp] whats bgp scan all about

Stephen J. Wilcox steve@telecomplete.co.uk
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:11:31 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks for the quick reply..

> There is not too much you can do about it. Just check if there is route
> flapping etc as it may affect the time bgp scanner takes.

Nope, nothing like that perhaps 50 flaps out of 120000 routes.

One of these routers has a lot of peers, and another only a few so it doesnt
seem to depend on that, I guess just number of routes and size of CPU? (NPE225)

Any other docs worth reading to help understand the BGP processes and possible
tweaks?

Steve