[nsp] 7206 VXR NPE-G1

Lars Erik Gullerud lerik@nolink.net
25 Nov 2002 17:07:35 +0100

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 16:14, Mark Pace Balzan wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Has anyone used this yet ?  Its meant to be up to 250% faster than NPE400
>
> Any good/bad opinions

Since earlier messages on this list indicated that Cisco currently have
no plans to support the NPE-G1 in the 12.0S IOS train, we contacted
Cisco to get this confirmed, which they did, so we have completely
discarded this as a potential upgrade for our VXRs for the time being.
I'm sure several other providers have similar attitudes about this -
12.2S (or the planned support in 12.1E for that matter) is just not an
option for us.

However, if this little shortcoming isn't a problem to you, we'd be most
interested to hear about any real-life experience you have with the card
if you decide to go out and buy some, in case Cisco comes to their
senses (or the 12.2S train becomes a viable alternative in a production
environment sometime in the future).

Regards,
Lars Erik