[nsp] Cat6500 reflexive ACL issues.

David J. Hughes bambi@Hughes.com.au
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:34:08 +1000

> I solved the problem removing some unused ACL from the configuration but I
> didn't changed any of the used ACL and strangely the impacted interface
> (Vlan500) is managed by hardware again (as shown in a «show fm features»).
> I wasn't aware even unused ACL are compiled and pushed into the TCAM.

The doc's say that they aren't which just adds to the general feeling
of bad joojoo associated with TCAM untilisation and the 6500's.  I
couldn't get over the fact that the number of ACL labels used changed
depending on the image being run.  That's just odd.

If your TCAM utilisation is getting a bit high there's quite an easy
fix.  Cisco call it a sup2  ;-)

Bambi