[nsp] Radius authentication

Hagop Karaoghlanian hkaraoghlanian@corp.attcanada.ca
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 17:41:32 -0400

Hello,

I have customer authenticating to cisco router then to radius server from
the cisco client software.  On the router's config, I see something which I
am not sure of.

here it is;

radius-server host x.x.x.x auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 key 7 "key string"
radius-server host x.x.x.x auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 key 7 "key string"

however when I issue a show run, in the running-config I see that the key
has not been "hidden" and it in clear text.  Would that cause a problem?

Also, when I change my authentication method locally to the router, the
remote users authenticate.  However under radius authentiation, I don't get
any response.

I know the username/passwords are there.  Also, I have mirrored the config
of an existing client with the same scenario that is up and running
flawlessly.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Hagop