[nsp] Modem / Dial-back

Victor Sudakov sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:24:26 +0700

Josh Duffek wrote:
> you cant make a reverse connection with a console port, see
> CSCdt39116*(remove transport input from console parser).
> *if you can even pull it up.

It was not my impression that Tim was speaking about a reverse
connection. I think he wants to dial into the console port which
should be possible.  It should be enough to tell the modem to not
watch DTR (because there is no DTR signal on the console port) and to
place the modem into autoanswer mode.

If I am wrong I will be corrected.