[nsp] CAR and the 2600 series

Sanchez, Pablo - (Arg) pablo.sanchez@attla.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 12:59:00 -0300

You can config differents rate-limits in differents  subinterface
fast/ethernet. I did it, and it works, fine... ( watch your CPU !!!)
Regards Pablo.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: rs@seastrom.com [mailto:rs@seastrom.com]
Enviado el: Martes, 08 de Octubre de 2002 04:48 p.m.
Para: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
CC: rs@seastrom.com
Asunto: [nsp] CAR and the 2600 series

Suppose I had a 2621 with dot1q (or isl) connection to a switch with
some customer boxes on it (customer per vlan).

Now suppose I wanted to do CAR for individual vlans.

Could I put a different "rate-limit" statement on each subinterface
and have it work?  Or am I stuck with a "rate-limit" at the toplevel
and a seriously nasty policy acl?

Anyone actually having success with this?  IOS version?

Thanks,

                                        ---Rob

Este mensaje es confidencial. El mismo contiene informaci=F3n reservada =

y que no puede ser difundida. Si usted ha recibido este e-mail=20
por error, por favor av=EDsenos inmediatamente v=EDa e-mail y tenga la=20
amabilidad de eliminarlo de su sistema; no deber=E1 copiar el mensaje=20
ni divulgar su contenido a ninguna persona. Muchas gracias.
=20
This message is confidential. It contains information that is =
privileged and
legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this e-mail by =
mistake,

please let us know immediately by e-mail and delete it from your =
system;=20
you should also not copy the message nor disclose its contents to =
anyone.=20
Thank You.