[nsp] Re: [nsp] hand-made cross-over X21

odusseus odusseus@voila.fr
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:20:15 +0100

Hi,

My back-to back connection cannot work because both  routers beleive to have a DTE cable connected to them.

The reason of this, is from the DB60 connector itself :

If J1-52(MODE_DCE) and J1-51(GND) are connected to each other, then, the router sees that cable has a DTE.
If J1-52(MODE_DCE) and J1-51(GND) are not connected then the router will beleive to have a DCE cable.

As soon as the identity of the cabling is done, then, the router will allow me to configure one of them as clock provider.

Thank you.

Regards,

Christophe