[nsp] Netflow questions

Raymond, Steven steven_raymond at eli.net
Thu Apr 24 15:30:32 EDT 2003

So it seems easy enough to enable Netflow on an interface with "ip
route-cache flow".  Have found however that as long as dCEF is enabled, it
still seems to accumulate statistics about the number of flows but does not
show the source/destination address pairs at the bottom of the "show ip
cache flow" output.
Saying "no ip route-cache distributed" fixes this issue, but I assume then
that the switching performance is then downgraded to the next fastest path,
no?  With dCEF re-enabled, I can if-con into the vip and see all the output
including src/dest pairs in the output of "show ip cache flow".  Is this
expected behavior?
Is/are there any open source Netflow collection agents that you can
recommend?  If not open source, can you recommend another?
Thank you