[nsp] 12.3T - a niiiiice feature :)

Dmitri Kalintsev dek at hades.uz
Thu Aug 7 12:33:13 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:03:53AM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> 	We've taken to as-much-automation-as-possible in this realm.
> here's a trivia question for you (and other readers):
>
> 	If cisco provided a way to generate your machine-readable
> configuration and ship it to the router and take care of any changes
> (similar to sending a SIGHUP to gated/syslogd/named, etc..) that
> were made, would you shift your paradigm from using the routers
> nvram as the master and automation to keep the router up-to-date to
> using a *nix or other system to generate the configs then feed them
> to the router?

Believe it or not, this is *exactly* how the things were set up in one of my
past lives. Except, of course, HUP's and other niceties. ;) "conf over" was
used instead. ;)

apb, are you lurking around here? :) If you are  - have your say - what are
you up to nowdays with this scheme of things?

SY,
--
D.K.