[nsp] Radius Server Suggestion

Aaron Howell aaronh at amerion.net
Thu Aug 14 10:17:12 EDT 2003

Mac,

  We're using freereadius with LDAP, and a custom patch to support user
collision, in a production network with roughly 30k authenticating
users.  We've been very happy with it, it's stable and not terribly
resource hungry.  Of course, we were previously using RadiusNT, so
pretty much anything would be an improvement.  In any event, even though
it's got a relatively low version number, it's proven to be solid code,
which works as advertised, with the exception of the user collision
code, which two different people here have attempted to get moved into
the codebase, to no avail.  If you're interested in seeing it let me
know and I'll dig the code up.

Aaron

--
Network/System Administrator