[nsp] cricket/mrtg & GSR memory/cpu

Roldan, Brad BRoldan at Covad.COM
Thu Aug 14 11:34:33 EDT 2003

  You're in luck. If you're looking at tracking the CPU utilization of
your VIP cards, take a look at:

http://slowest.net/docs/howtos/mrtg/mrtg-cisco-cpu.html

Regards,

Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Paul van der Zel
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 1:16 AM
To: matthew zeier
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [nsp] cricket/mrtg & GSR memory/cpu

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 02:47:36PM -0700, matthew zeier wrote:

> I haven't figured out a way to graph CPU and memory usage through
cricket
> (or mrtg) for the 12012s I have.  Anyone already figure this out?

Related to processor utilization, I recently found this on cco (need
login):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_n
ote09186a0080094a94.shtml

Describes a series of steps to query the CISCO-PROCESS-MIB for the
utilization figures, then
correlate that back to the actual linecards by querying the ENTITY-MIB.

I have not been able to make this work in our network as we are
currently running an IOS that has the
bug mentioned in the document wherein the ENTITY-MIB is not correctly
populated and retuns zero
values.

I'm sure that an astute scripting person may well be able to create a
cfgmaker-style utility for
discovering these and populating mrtg .cfg files accordingly?

Paul

--

Paul van der Zel, CCIE# 11028
Networks Infrastructure