[nsp] Securing Cisco Layer2 (esp. VTP & VLAN 1)

Sean Mathias seanm at prosolve.com
Wed Aug 27 20:46:33 EDT 2003

In 7.2 and later CatOS (maybe even earlier releases), set vtp off.  As
for VLAN1, don't use it.  You do not have to put the console port (sc0)
in VLAN1, simply remap it to another 'secure' vlan.

Bear in mind that there is really nothing special about VLAN1,
especially if there are no ports assigned to it.

Sean