[nsp] Cisco ATM switches

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Thu Dec 4 09:28:14 EST 2003

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your feedback.

I think I need to switch VPI/VCIs: on one side, I need to connect (with
STM1/SM) an LMDS Base Station; on another side, I need to connect a 7206
(STM1/MM), and on the third side an STM1 radio (MM again). And then also
some Ethernet ports, to terminate PVCs (for ATM-bridging of LANs).

I have three questions concerning this set-up:
1) Are there OC3/STM1 cards on the LS1010/Catalyst 8510 that have less than
4 ports?
2) Are there Ethernet cards? Couldn't find any on CCO, maybe need to look
better?
2) Can you activate OSPF between two PA-A3-OC3xM interfaces, provided there
is ATM connectivity between the two? I think I record some problems with
point-to-point versus point-to-multipoint or something?
[7206VXR with PA-A3-OC3]---(ATM Cloud)---[7206VXR with PA-A3-OC3]

Vincent