[nsp] 7206VXR Random Reload

ongbh at ispworkshop.com ongbh at ispworkshop.com
Mon Dec 8 04:35:52 EST 2003

Hi,

> No configuration changes have been made, no hardware has been added and I
> cant detect any hardware problems. Each power supply is plugged into a
> different UPS and that router is the only one out of 4 that is rebooting.

When you plug the power supply into a different UPS, did you check
if the UPS got common ground ?

I used to work on large DEC boxes which crashes now and then.
We found that there was no common ground on the two UPSs which
the power supplies were connected to. And at times, the ground
different is as high as 40~100V.

:)