[nsp] Ligtstream and 3620 interoperbility.

Martin Robinson Martin at networkhardware.com
Wed Dec 10 03:06:42 EST 2003

Hello List

In a lab environment, if I have a Lightstream switch with a WAI-OC3-4U5 card, can I connect it to a 3620 with an NM-1ATM-25?  They both use UTP cabling with RJ-45 connectors, but the WAI card is OC3 (155 Mbps) and the NM card is 25.6 Mbps.  If not, given a Lightstream and a 3620, what cards could I put in each to make a successful connection?

If it helps, here is some information that I found for each of the cards I mentioned:

Here is Cisco's description for the WAI-OC3-4U5 card: "4-port STS-3c/STM-1 UTP-5 port adapters".

Here are the physical characteristics for the NM-1ATM-25: "The ATM Network Module has one ATM User- Network Interface (UNI) port, each with a standard throughput rate of 26.5 Mbps full duplex. The ATM NM is compatible with the ATM Forum 25.6-Mbps physical sublayer (PHY) specification for unshielded twisted-pair (UTP), Category 3 (UTP-3), or shielded twisted-pair (STP) cable plants."

Thanks Martin.R