[nsp] Architecture question

Burns, Keith Keith_Burns at icgcomm.com
Fri Dec 19 12:46:57 EST 2003

Please note that all this is to the best of my recollection:

Essentially the CxBus, CyBus and CzBus are from the 7500.

CyBus was a clocking improvement on the CxBus. Both had separate 32bit buses
for "address/instruction" and "data"

CzBus took the 32bit "address" portion of the Cx/CyBus and the 32-bit "data"
portion of the bus and interleaved address and data words over the combined
buses making it 64-bit and hence 64-bit words.

I forget exactly which RSPs introduced which buses but from memory I believe
the RSP4 onwards was CzBus, but it MIGHT be a gen higher than RSP4,
definitely not lower.

Hope this helps.

Keith Burns
Principal Network Architect
ICG Telecommunications
IP Ph: 303-414-5385
Cell:   303-912-3777

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan rolls on...."