[nsp] AToM

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Tue Dec 23 04:44:44 EST 2003

> > VLAN tag rewrite occurs in the context of EoMPLS. The 6500 cannot do
> > EoMPLS (or any other kind of MPLS), thus no VLAN tag rewrite.
>
> 6500 with SUP720 can do EoMPLS. I have tested this feature between
> 6509/SUP720 and 7401.  Vlan tags rewrites.

Precisely - we get back to the definition of what is a 7600 versus
what is a 6500. As I mentioned elsewhere in this thread:

- a 6500 with Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2 and at least one OSM, or
- a 6500 with Sup720

*is* a 7600, aside from the marketing.

> But I had a problem with big packets between two PC that was connected
> throught trunk port to my cisco devices.

Keep in mind that MPLS normally requires at least 8 bytes extra, and
EoMPLS has further encapsulation overhead.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no