[nsp] Advice fow a Newbie

Mark Persiko mark.persiko at bvsd.k12.co.us
Thu Feb 27 09:19:59 EST 2003

In most jobs I've had I've learned the most from OJT - on the job
training.  Get as much hands-on experience as you can with the
technology you will be working with, while on the job.  Most often this
will happen when you are asked to troubleshoot things or put out fires.

Another source of information on new technologies can be well-written
books on topics.  Find others who are willing to share information with
you and peer with them on problems.

Regards,
 Mark

- Mark C. Persiko, Network Engineer
- IT Division, Boulder Valley School District
- mark.persiko at bvsd.k12.co.us