[nsp] Recoving from a bodged 6500 IOS conversion

Simon Lockhart simonl at rd.bbc.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 19:37:37 EST 2003

On Thu Jan 09, 2003 at 01:31:33PM -0500, Frank Zahrt wrote:
>   You might find this link helpful. Seems to be applicable for the
> situation you are encountering:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/473/14.shtml

Yup, seen that. Reading it carefully, it only applies to the MSFC1, as
the MSFC2 doesn't require a bootloader.

"Note: MSFC2 does not require a boot loader image (c6msfc*-boot) in
the MSFC2 boot Flash device to boot successfully when running Native
IOS. However, it is recommended that you leave the boot loader image
in the RP boot Flash, should you decide to revert to Hybrid."

Now, I think this might be something to do with why my MSFC won't boot,
as if you following the conversion text to the letter, then you shouldn't
have anything in the MSFC bootflash: (except a bootloader in case you want
to go back to Hybrid).

Simon