[nsp] OSPF Problems with Extreme Switches and Cisco Routers.

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Jan 23 07:30:20 EST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Z wrote:

>   A little stray off the original topic, but that IGMP snooping
> problem also isn't fixed in non-I-series Extreme gear AFAIK.   Does
> anyone know any different for non-I-series ( ExtremeWare 4.1.x )..
> reply off list if so ;)

I don't agree. v4.1.19b2 and v4.1.21b1 both work well in the IGMP snooping
department. We use these switches extensively for the purpose mentioned.

Non-I-switches (roadrunner chipset) is End Of Engineering as far as I know
(the Summit 24 is end of sale as well) and we have not run into any major
bugs in those switches (they lack features, for instance they only support
PIM dense mode but that's another story).

>   Also, for I-series stuff 6.1.9b41 works great for your purposes
> Daniel.

Yep, but I do recommend upgrading to the latest 6.2.2 because of other
reasons, it has proved to work well for us.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se