[nsp] Cisco AS5300 Configuration -- Help

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Jan 27 07:36:55 EST 2003

Hi,

> > we should not accept a user-provided address *unless* the
> address the
> > user requests falls within the pool and is available for assignment.
>
> The user-provided address falls within the pool. Is there any
> way where we can even restrict this.

No, I fear this is not possible, in fact IOS' pool mechanism tries to
allocate the same address every time the user logs in.
Why do you want to prevent this? To prevent the use of "pseudo-static"
addresses? ;-)
Of course you could move the pool mechanism and address assignment to
your AAA server. This would give you full control over your address
assignment policy.

	oli