[nsp] IP Packet load balancing via 2 static routes and round robin forw arding

Streiner, Justin streiner at stargate.net
Tue Jul 8 11:05:14 EDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Mourad BERKANE wrote:

> Could someone remind me how to configure 2 static routes with a round robin
> alogrithm in order to use 2 E1 on & 2600 XM.
> The 2 static routes will have the same priority.

If you want to do per-packet load-sharing, e.g. load balancing, you can:
1) turn on CEF (if it isn't on already) globally, and on the interfaces
you want to share the load on and run per-packet load-sharing (ip
load-sharing per-packet)
2) turn off all route-caching on the interfaces.  This will force the
packets to be process-switched and you will pay a performance penalty for
doing this.
3) use PPP multilink

jms