[nsp] 12.0(25.4)S: OSPF areas are not displayed correctly in config

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Jul 10 09:58:13 EDT 2003

Hi,

> I just upgraded a 7513 to IOS 12.0(25.4)S. After the upgrade I noticed
> that in the configuration the ospf section looked weird. All the
> networks, that belonged to a specific area before the upgrade, now
> were marked as part of area 0. When I checked the state of the OSPF
> link state database, I found out that the areas I have cofigured do
> really exist and the all the routes are in the area they should be.
>
> So, there doesn't seem to be any problems. I even tried removing the
> whole OSPF configuration (no router ospf) and reconfiguring it from
> the scratch. The config still looks wrong but OSPF works correctly.
> Only thing that makes me worry is whether the situaiton changes when
> the router is reloaded.

Looks like you've hit CSCeb59253 (Area identifiers erased after upgrade
to 25.4S). According to its release-note, you can workaround the problem
by specifying the area id's in integer instead of IP address x.x.x.x
notation.

Any special reason to run 12.0(25.4)S? You might want to consider using
12.0(25)S1 which has just been released..

	oli