[nsp] MSFC2 Rate Limiting

Sukumar Subburayan sukumars at cisco.com
Sat Jul 12 11:06:34 EDT 2003

In Cat6k you can user policing to rate-limit each MSFC vlan and it is done in
HW.

Say for eg, you have a customer on vlan 10 and want to restrict them to a 10
MB, here is an eg (using Native IOS):

a. enable 'qos globally' using 'mls qos'

b. You first create a class-map to attach them to a service class something
like:

class-map match-all COLO_CUSTOMER_RATELIMIT
  description Colo customer rate-limit
  match access-group name ALL-TRAFFIC

c. match all that customer's traffic using an ACL

ip access-list extended ALL-TRAFFIC
 permit ip any any

d. create a policy map which rate-limits that traffic to 10 MB

policy-map 10MB-RATELIMIT
 class COLO_CUSTOMER_RATELIMIT
     police 10240000 10240000 10240000 conform-action transmit exceed-action
			drop

e. apply the above policy as a input service-policy to the interface:

router#show run int vlan 10
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 270 bytes
!
interface Vlan10

 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.240
 service-policy input 10MB-RATELIMIT
end

Documentation is available at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/swconfig/qos.htm#1019983

sukumar

I have tested the above and it works just fine. You can create different
policers for different customers..