[nsp] 7206VXR Bandwidth Points Experiences

Baker, Todd A todd.baker at eds.com
Tue Jul 15 18:38:19 EDT 2003

Has anyone had any bad experiences when exceeding the 600 bandwidth points
on a 7206VXR? I am running an NPE 400 I/O card (2 port 100-TX) with a DS-3
card in slot 1, an OC-3 card in slot 2, and 2 port 100-FX card in slot 4.
That gives me a total of 580 points on the left side (I/O card and slots
1,3,5) and 700 points on the right side (slots 2,4,6).
I basically want to know if I'm going to run into trouble? I talked to Cisco
TAC about it and they indicated that it can be a problem depending on your
all.

Additional questions:
If I don't use the 2 100-TX ports on the I/O module does it still count as
400 points?
If I use only 1 of the 100-FX ports does it count as only 200 points instead
of 400?

Thanks in advance!

Todd A. Baker
Network Engineer, CCNA