[nsp] Re: cutting and pasting access lists

joshua sahala joshua.ej.smith at usa.net
Wed Jul 23 22:13:58 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 17:58, Ed Ravin wrote:

> I feel compelled to point out that aclmaker is also your friend -
> it is far superior to "copy ftp running-config", since it will
> catch any syntax errors in the new access list before they can
> cause any damage.  Also, you only need to edit the access list -
> stuff like saying
> "no ip access list extended blah" and removing and re-applying the
> access list to an interface is automatically taken care of for you.
>

> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25401&release
>_id=77050
>
>   -- Ed (aclmaker author and occasional evangelist thereof)
>
> PS: since aclmaker waits for a new prompt after sending each line
> of the ACL, it might be immune to the cut-and-paste bug described
> earlier in the thread.

i will evangelize aclmaker for ed :)
works very well, edit using vi (or emacs, or ex if you are so
inclined), it even tests them for when i can't tell the difference
betweer 'any' and 'nya' - all you need is a *ix host with perl
installed...

/joshua

--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of

 - Gandhi -