[nsp] silly question...

Chris Parker cparker at starnetusa.net
Mon Jul 28 11:17:46 EDT 2003

At 09:38 PM 7/24/2003 +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:17:31PM -0500, Mike Carter wrote:
> > We just upgraded to NPE-G1's and now have gaping holes in the I/O slots on
> > our 7206's...anyone have a link or idea where to source the covers.
>
>Put the I/O board back in and enjoy an additional ethernet port...?

Which won't use any b/w points from the 6 PA slots.

Though, beware of the flash/console changes that result from having NPE-G1
and I/O board:

"If an I/O controller is detected in the I/O controller slot, I/O
controller functionality defaults to the I/O controller (with the exception
of Non-volatile Random Access Memory (NVRAM) and boot flash). The console
and auxiliary ports of the NPE-G1 are then disabled."

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/ifaa/prossor/prodlit/npeg1_ds.htm

-Chris

--
    \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
    \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                   \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net