[nsp] 2500's running from ram

Blaz Zupan blaz at inlimbo.org
Tue Jul 29 22:54:29 EDT 2003

> > > Just run unix "compress" on the image (NOT "gzip"!) and store the
> > > resulting "c2500-...bin.Z" file in the flash.  The router will complain
>
> By the way, does anybody know if the same trick will work on 1600 (not
> 1600R) series routers?

Actually there's a better trick. Use the 1600R software on the 1600. The 1600R
software is just a zipped 1600 image with a short decompression stub at the
front.  I'm using 1600R images on multiple 1600 boxes without any problems and
with this setup they all run from RAM. Of course the 1600 needs enough RAM.