[nsp] 12.2T vs 12.3

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.ug
Wed Jul 30 17:40:57 EDT 2003

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net wrote:
> Speaking of 12.2T, 12.2(14)S and 12.3
>
> Anyone had any issues moving from 12.2T to either one of the above?
>
> We tried on a 7206 npe-400 with PA-A3-T3 & PA-8T-X21= and had to
> regress to 12.2T
>
> We immediately saw a lot of input errors, ignored packets and input
> drops on the FE. I tried switching to the second FE and got the same
> result. This was with both 12.2S and 12.3
>
> I have a case open for it at the moment but havent got any
> constructive feedback yet, just that the cards arent supported. Im
> not sure what they mean by that as the hardware/software matrix says
> 12.2S has support for the cards and the npe-400.
>
> We are also running 12.2(14)s on numerous other 7200's
> npe-300/400/nse-1 and havent had the same issue.
>
> Anyone had a similar experience?
>
> regards
> George

We just moved from 12.2.15T5 two weekends back, to 12.3(1a), and have
experienced NO problems whatsoever on any of the routers that were upgraded.
These are 3640, 3620, 2611, 1751 and AS5300. Of course these are probably
less powerful routers than what most of you folks have, but we've had no
issues since the upgrade 12.3.

Regards,

Mark Tinka - CCNA
Network Engineer, Africa Online Uganda