[nsp] arp table size on 7206/npe-300 and ethernet over ds3

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jun 4 14:17:53 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 12:15:20PM -0700, Mark Kent wrote:
> We're thinking of directly connecting the switches,
> rather than the routers.

What kind of benefit do you expect from that?  I find that train of thought
surprising, as it will eat up a fair chunk of your bandwidth due to
broadcast traffic (ARP, Netbios, whatnot) and - unless you use legacy
protocols like SNA or Netbeui - I can't see any obvious advantage.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de