[nsp] Windows Terminal & TFTP software favorites

Dmitri Kalintsev dek at hades.uz
Tue Jun 10 10:25:55 EDT 2003

I found Solar Winds' tftp server to be very nice (multi-threaded and free,
for windows only). I used it for a few years and found it to be stable and
robust.

Putty SSH (also free) is my favorite as a terminal client. Of course,
nothing beats native Unix tools, but for those who has to suffer under M$
OS, these that I've mentioned are arguably the best.

P.S. Yes, I know that putty does not support scripting - I don't use it so
it isn't critical for me. YMMV.

Solar Winds' tftp server:

http://www.solarwinds.net/ and follow the links to free tools

Putty:

http://www.putty.nl/download.html

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 05:13:38PM -0500, Schonemann II, James R. wrote:
> I was just wondering what software people on this list use to manage
> their Cisco devices. I have been using CRT as a terminal client and lots
> of different trials/freeware TFTP servers but haven't found one I really
> like. I would prefer freeware but wouldn't mind paying a small amount
> for the right software.  Thanks,
>
> Jim Schonemann

---end quoted text---

SY,