[nsp] Cisco 2950G access-lists

rpcbind at speakeasy.net rpcbind at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 23 12:59:25 EDT 2003

> On older IOS versios thiw is not happening. I dont undestand the logig
> behind this limitation on the new switches and I was wondering if this is a
> bug or if their is any command tha can allow me to write access-list with
> various wildcard masks.

The documentation claims that ACL's associated w/ physical interfaces may only
have one mask, but this does not apply generally. However, you may be hitting
CSCdz06177, which should be resolved in 12.1(9)EA1d.

For any of the L3 switches, you should always take time to look at the
hardware-specific config documents for ACL's -- since they're handled in
hardware, there's often many restrictions applied to them:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2950/12113ea1/2950scg/swacl.htm

Good luck.