[nsp] broken syslog 12.2(13)T

Jakob Schlyter jakob at crt.se
Fri Mar 7 11:23:19 EST 2003

hi,

I'm having a strange syslog problem with 12.2(13)T on a 2600. syslog is
enabled but 'show logging' reports that all messages are dropped and no
messages shows up at the configured logging hosts nor in the log buffer. I
have not (yet) tried to reload, but I currently rather not since we're in
a production environment. some configuration hints below:

crt-gw#show running | include logging
logging buffered 65536 debugging
logging console errors
logging facility local3
logging source-interface FastEthernet0/0
logging 193.12.115.251
logging 193.12.115.252
crt-gw#show logging
Syslog logging: enabled (13042 messages dropped, 16 messages rate-limited, 0 flushes, 0 overruns)
    Console logging: level errors, 10 messages logged
    Monitor logging: level debugging, 0 messages logged
    Buffer logging: level debugging, 668 messages logged
    Logging Exception size (4096 bytes)
    Count and timestamp logging messages: disabled
    Trap logging: level informational, 672 message lines logged
        Logging to 193.12.115.251, 1 message lines logged
        Logging to 193.12.115.252, 0 message lines logged
Log Buffer (65536 bytes):
crt-gw#

anyone else experiencing this problem?

	jakob

--
Jakob Schlyter <jakob at crt.se>                Network Analyst
Phone:  +46 31 701 42 13, +46 70 595 07 94   Carlstedt Research & Technology