[nsp] ip load-sharing per-packet - cef accelerated ?

Rob Thomas robt at cymru.com
Mon Mar 10 16:37:33 EST 2003

Hi, Dan.

] My understanding is that 'ip load-sharing per-packet' is CEF accelerated,
] yes?

No.  It is per packet load balancing instead of per flow load balancing.
This puts quite a bit of additional load on the router, and may result
in out of order packets arriving at the destination.  I recommend
against it.

Likely the providers with whom you've spoken don't want to chew up their
router CPUs with a per packet load balancing solution.

Just my $.02, of course.

Thanks,
Rob.
--