[nsp] bstun & async

Alexey Luckyanchikov alexl at alkar.net
Wed Mar 19 15:12:00 EST 2003

Hi,

I need to connect several remote terminals between them. I tried to use
async bstun tunnel over FR. For testing purpose I've connect one PC to
Async1 on first 2511 and another PC on second 2511. 2511s is connected
back to back via frame relay:

      +---+    Async1+------+  FR  +------+Async1    +---+
      |PC1|----------|2511-1|------|2511-2|----------|PC2|
      +---+          +------+      +------+          +---+

I see chars, typed in PC1's HyperTerm, on PC2 and vice versa, but I
can't transfer any file via Xmodem/Ymodem/Zmodem. Also I tried to
connect modem instead of PC2 and run PPP, result is poor too - I can't
ping PC1 with packet size greater then about 900 bytes, all packets has
been lost. Seems like tunnel doesn't work when async link load is near
100%. Do you have any ideas to fix this problem? Configuration of
2511-1 and 2511-2 here:

2511-1:
frame-relay switching
!
bstun peer-name 10.0.0.1
bstun protocol-group 1 async-generic
!
frame-relay switching
!
interface Serial0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay
 load-interval 30
 no fair-queue
 frame-relay map bstun 17
 frame-relay lmi-type cisco
 frame-relay intf-type dce
!
interface Async1
 no ip address
 encapsulation bstun
 load-interval 30
 async mode dedicated
 bstun group 1
 bstun route all interface Serial0 dlci 17
 asp role primary
 asp addr-offset 0
 asp rx-ift 6
!
line 1 16
 special-character-bits 8
 no exec
 transport output none
 stopbits 1

2511-2:
frame-relay switching
!
bstun peer-name 10.0.0.2
bstun protocol-group 1 async-generic
!
interface Serial0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay
 load-interval 30
 no fair-queue
 frame-relay map bstun 17
 frame-relay lmi-type cisco
!
interface Async1
 no ip address
 encapsulation bstun
 load-interval 30
 async mode dedicated
 bstun group 1
 bstun route all interface Serial0 dlci 17
 asp role secondary
 asp addr-offset 0
 asp rx-ift 6
!