[nsp] MLP link bundling with FRF.8 interworking

Mark Ivens mivens at clara.net
Fri May 9 11:29:33 EDT 2003

We are using FRF.8 Frame Relay to ATM Service Interworking to provide
leased lines to customers.

We have customers who wish to bond two such leased lines to
load-balance. Both terminate in the same ATM endpoint and the same
frame relay end-point routers.

The IWF is not in our adminstrative control.  We do not wish to use
CEF load-balancing as there are some failure scenarios where the line
protocol does not drop.

Both MLPoATM and MLPoFR seem to be supported as well as link bundling
of ATM interfaces using MLP but it's not clear from COO if multiple FR
PVC's are supported in an MLP bundle and if so whether the two will
interwork with FRF.8.

I am therefore wondering whether anyone has tried this or knows
whether it is possible one way or the other?

Cheers
Mark