[nsp] 64bit count for mac-accounting statistics

Jan Boogman boogman at ip-plus.net
Fri May 23 12:05:30 EDT 2003

Folks,

Has anyone ever succeeded using the 64bit version of mac-accounting counters?

I have mac-accounting enabled on a variety of GigE and FastE interfaces on GSRs
and VXRs running different flavours of 12.0(21)S

The ciscoIpStatMIB states that HighCounters are mandatory and recommended:

     ciscoIpStatMIBComplianceRev2:
		"The compliance statement for entities which implement
		the IP Statistics on a Cisco router.
		This deprecates ciscoIpStatMIBCompliance to provide
		64-bit versions of packet and byte counter objects."

     ciscoIpStatHCMIBGroup:
		"A collection of objects providing IP Statistics
		monitoring. This is recommended for high speed (high
		speed interfaces transmit and receive at speeds over
		20,000,000 bits/second) network interfaces."

but none of my routers gives me any results (polling them for cipMacHCSwitchedBytes) :-(

Anyone with better luck?

Jan