[nsp] atm route-bridged ipv6, when ?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Nov 13 18:43:44 EST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 01:49:25PM -0800, Dennis Peng wrote:
> IPv6 RBE is supported in 12.2(15)B and later 12.2B/12.3B images. It is
> also in 12.3(4)T and later. It doesn't seem to be documented though,
> I'll have to follow up on that. I haven't heard of any plans to add
> IPv6 support to IRB.

Actually the "B" part of IRB is pretty agnostic to IPv6, which is
good in itself (so IRB isn't confused by "IPv6" being "IP" as well).

I make use of that on an ATM/ADSL router that doesn't know IPv6, but
has a bridge-group from an atm sub-if to an FastE sub-if, bridging
IPv6 to a v6-capable router and routing IPv4 locally.  Cludgy, but
does the job :-)

gert
--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * back at home *