[nsp] deferred

Victor Sudakov sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru
Thu Nov 20 11:19:38 EST 2003

Colleagues,

There is a WS-C2950T-24 with IOS C2950-I6Q4L2-M, Version 12.1(13)EA1
One of its ports is attached to a 10 Mbit Allied Telesyn optical
transceiver, the port is configured for full duplex, speed 10.

The problem is that the packet loss in this link is up to 20%. There
are 0 input or output errors in "sh interface". The only suspicious
counter is "deferred" which is rapidly growing.

What could be the reason ?

I also do not understand how the deferred counter could be growing on a full
duplex link. According to http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/eth_collisions.html#topic2
it should not happen, if I correctly understand the meaning of
"deferred".

Thanks in advance for any input.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN