[nsp] EtherChannel

Olav Langeland Olav.Langeland at activeisp.com
Thu Nov 27 07:32:09 EST 2003

It will soon be necessary to upgrade our border routers to more than 100Mbit on the inside interfaces, gigabit fiber is one option but EtherChannel seems to a "cheap middle way" in terms of budget. To begin with it will only be necessary to channel 2 FE ports and the hardware is 7513 routers and (probably) Cat3524 switches.
I understand that EtherChannel is not "real" bundling, but that you atleast achieve load balancing and redundancy in the link. Does anyone have experience with it in similar setup?

regards
Olav Langeland - Active ISP - olav.langeland at activeisp.com