[nsp] Redistributing static subnets via separate OSPF process

Robert A. Hayden rhayden at geek.net
Sun Oct 5 16:03:58 EDT 2003

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Christopher McCrory wrote:

> Hello...

> 1: Unless I'm missing something, these overlap (/24 and /23 subnets).
> >  ip address 10.40.0.3 255.255.255.0 secondary
> >  ip address 10.40.1.3 255.255.254.0

Yea.  You caught me.  As I was converting real numbers to fake numbers my
brain hiccuped.  *blush*.   In real life, they don't overlap.

> 2:  Something that you would never see from looking at the configuration
> if you are using OSPF authentication.  I ran into this on my 7206's  ver
> 12.0(22)S w/ OSPF.
>
>  ip ospf authentication
>  ip ospf authentication-key 7 XXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> is not the same as
>  ip ospf authentication
>  ip ospf authentication-key 7 XXXXXXXXXXXX
>

> See the difference? neither did I.
>
> the latter has spaces at the end.
>
> Your config does not show auth, but the same bug might show up in
> another OSPF config option.  IIRC, I found the problem by doing a diff
> of an older config on my tftp server which showed the two lines as
> different.

Currently we are not using OSPF authentication.  It's a long ugly
drawn-out internal thing that I hope to change in the next month or so,
but for right now, it's not there.