[nsp] hspr prob - can't ping active address

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 17:15:27 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:46:22PM -0700, matthew zeier wrote:
> I have two routers doing HSPR between the two.  Hosts that use routerB as
> default gateway can't ping the virtual IP if it's on routerA.  routerB can't
> ping it either, however, the physical interface is reachable.  Is this
> expected behavior?
>
> When HSRP flipped over to the other router, the monitoring station (hanging
> off routerB) showed red.  Doesn't appear to have affected connectivity
> though.

What platform is this on? I've seen 6500 MSFCs getting confused and failing
to ARP properly for HSRP addresses after configuration changes. Removing and
readding all the standby commands on the affected interface usually fixes it.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan at complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time