[nsp] 7206vxr pps & mbit/s limits

Burns, Keith Keith_Burns at icgcomm.com
Tue Oct 28 12:01:19 EST 2003

Be careful going to an NSE1 to "improve performance".

The NSE1 is essentially an NPE-300 with a "co-processor" (an array of
parallel processors called the "toaster").

The "toaster" supports the acceleration of certain features, BUT if you turn
on a feature that is NOT accelerated, you get NPE-300 performance.

Much better bet is the NPE-G1, a vast improvement on the NPE-400.

Cheers
Keith.

Keith Burns
Principal Network Architect
ICG Telecommunications
IP Ph: 303-414-5385
Cell:   303-912-3777

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan rolls on...."