[nsp] HSRP multicast & switch ports

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Sep 3 21:56:03 EDT 2003

Don't think unknown multicast blocking affects the reserved range (224.0.0.x), but not positive.

MAC VACL won't work - you can't match IP traffic with a MAC VACL.

I think the best suggestion came in another post, to configure a static multicast mac table entry for the all-routers group MAC (0100.5e00.0002), to constrain flooding to the router ports only.

Tim

At 08:12 PM 9/3/2003, cisco-nsp-request at puck.nether.net submitted:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759