[nsp] 7200 "ARP Input" CPU utilization

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed Sep 10 22:41:37 EDT 2003

Get your neighbors to clean the worms off their boxen?  Seems like that is
the culprit, lots and lots of excess ARP traffic....You doing proxy arp?
or one of your ethernet neighbors doing proxy arp?  Causing it spew ARP
packets for hosts it shouldn't?

Actually acidentally ran into this configuration less than a week ago on my
Linux based firewall.  Gave a 7206VXR a bit of a hangover until I figured
out my mistake.

--On Wednesday, September 10, 2003 8:18 PM -0700 Jay Stewart